The Culinary City walk is an in depth tour that give you a chance to see the genuine Oslo, off the beaten path. Instead, you will visit places where the locals hang out in and discover the true vibe of this Nordic capital.
- Walking distance: 3-4 km
- Duration: 4 hour
- Number of individual tastings: 7-8 – Makes up for a whole meal
- Meeting Time: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday at 13:00
- Meeting place:Outside the chocolate store Freia on Carl Johan Street| check the map here
- Language: English or Norwegian ( additional languages available ONLY on private tours)
- Vegetarian options are available by request. However, if you eat neither fish nor meat this tour may not be for you. Please fill out the comment field while booking the ticket.
Meet your guide outside the Chocolate Store called Freia on Carl Johan Street, for your walk around the city’s culinary haunts and hotspots. The city’s cuisine has a strong maritime theme and is now a foodie hot spot thanks to what’s known as New Nordic cuisine — food that revolves around nature, purity, freshness and simplicity.
Next, enjoy a peaceful walk in the city and together with the guide explore some of those hidden corners of Oslo that you might have a hard time finding. The guide will give you a taste of Norwegian typical dessert and together will walk along towards our food market.
Walk to some the city’s lesser-known areas and head for Mathallen, a covered market stuffed with food stands selling Norwegian and international produce. Enjoy some dishes aplenty as you browse the stalls, including rich local cheese made by small-scale producers. Pause at the raw food specialist Bondens Butikk to try Norwegian cured meat.
Price: 1050 NOK | Children age 3-17: 900 NOK
Have more questions? Check out our FAQ page