This Thursday tour or Raspeball day tour, also known in some areas as klubb, kumle, komle, kompe or potetball is a potato dumpling, a traditional Norwegian dish.
This dish is more common in the southern part of Norway as “Kompe”, In the western part as ” Raspeball” and in the middle part as “Klubb”. This dish is served with salted lamb, evanger pølser ( lamb sausage ) and a carrot and sweet potato mashed.
No matter how you call it, this dish is so good and tasty that every Thursday the local kitchen is busy all day selling this tasty traditional dish.
After enjoying a good meal, you will then continue your journey into a pub/bar that on the old times it use to be a ” Mason bar”. At this bar you will be tasting Scandinavian beer.
By the end of this tour you will end up by having a very local an unique dessert that has its origins in a place called ” Moss”.
(Please note: in the event of low season you may try a different bar).
Give yourself a chance an join locals on this Thursday and be ready to take home one of the most traditional taste of good Norwegian food.
• Walking distance: 2 km
• Duration:2 hour
• Number of individual tastings: 2 to 3 – Makes up for a whole meal
• Meeting Time: Just Thursday at 15:30
• Meeting place: The Tiger Statue By The Oslo Central Station | check the map here
• Language: English or Norwegian (additional languages available ONLY on private tours)
• Vegetarian options are available by request. However, if you eat neither fish nor meat this tour may not be for you. Please fill out the comment field while booking the ticket.
This tour is for those who want to try an authentic Norwegian tradition. The guide will take you around a couple of sightseeing places before coming to our tasting place. Note that this activity more then a sightseeing tour is a gourmet experience that will include both dinner and beer tasting with an authentic dessert.
Price: 900 NOK adult and 800NOK Children.
Have more questions? Check out our FAQ page