The Culinary City walk is an in depth tour that give you a chance to see the genuine Oslo, off the beaten path. Instead, you will visit places where the locals hang out in and discover the true vibe of this Nordic capital.
- Walking distance: 3 km
- Duration: 4 hour
- Number of individual tastings: 7-8 – Makes up for a whole meal
- Meeting Time: Tuesday – Saturdays 11.00
- Meeting place:Olaf Ryes Plass, by the fountain | check the map here
- Language: English or Norwegian ( additional languages available ONLY on private tours)
- Vegetarian options are available by request. However, if you eat neither fish nor meat this tour may not be for you. Please fill out the comment field while booking the ticket.
From our central starting location Olaf Ryes Plass we will walk to the nearby Market Hall or how the norwegian call it: Mathallen where we will have several stops. Each of them introducing us to different culinary faces of Norway . We will taste the absolutely classic Norwegian brown cheese (which, believe it or not, isn’t a cheese at all) as well as many other local delicacies.
While stopping at tasting locations along the way, we wend our way down the mountain to the city through some of the most interesting areas of Oslo. The new artist colony, along the river, the old city center and finally the docks where we sit and eat a mixed plate of local foods such as reindeer and fish in what is probably the most typical Norwegian restaurant in town.
We finish the tour at our final stop – a centrally located microbrewery, where we taste the new Norwegian source of pride, the delicious handcrafted, local beer.
Be aware that the tastings may change according to season and supply.
Price: 850 NOK | Children age 3-12: 500 NOK
Have more questions? Check out our FAQ page